I always do a 'want to read list' at the beginning of each year. It's really a wish list of sorts which I usually make a big dent in. I am typically a voracious reader but this school year I've had to slow waaaayyyyy down due to my work schedule. It is totally cramping my style reading wise! So the way I do this is to make a list usually so much longer than I'll ever get through, then start reading! I get a feel from what I would like to read next just by perusing my list. I usually have one Biblical topic and also one non-fiction/novel going at the same time. So, without further delay Here's my list for this year (since it's already March but y'all are so full of grace aren't you!!).....in two parts, but in no particular reading order. I've already read several of these and will be doing reviews of my favs in the near future.
1. Finding God in Hidden Places by Joni Eareckson Tada
2. Erasing Hell by Francis Chan
3. Paul by Beth Moore
4. Out of the Spin Cycle by Jen Hatmaker
5. A Woman's Wisdom by Lydia Brownback
6. Healing the Wounds of Trauma/How the Church Can Help by Margret Hill
7. The Reason for God by Tim Keller
8. Surprised by Grace by Tullian Tchividjian
9. Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler
10. Glorious Ruin by Tullian Tchividjian
11. Half the Church-Recapturing God's Global Vision for Women by Carolyn Custis James
12. Unfashionable by Tullian Tchividjian
13. The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman
14. Counterfeit Gospels by Trevin Wax
15. Bonhoffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas
16. Follow Me by David Platt
17. Live to Make a Difference by Max Lucado
18. Shaped by Grace by Max Lucado
Read thru the Bible at least once.
In Part 2 will be non-fiction and novels.
Any others you are reading that you recommend?? I'm always looking for new finds!!